Frameworks/APIs: Backbone.js, JQuery, Facebook, WordPress, Rails, Flex, ASP.Net, JUnit-like testing
Software: Visual Studio, Adobe Creative Suite, IIS, Apache, MySQL/MS SQL Server, Vim, Emacs, Selenium, JMeter
Other Relevant Skills: Public Speaking, Business Writing, Project Management, Digital media
- Worked on new features for an iOS digital streaming video product
- Implemented automated builds using TeamCity
- Implemented automated testing using Frank and Kiwi
- Developed build and project tools using Ruby Thor-command line program framework
- Developed Universal iOS applications written using native Objective-C
- Developed REST web services using Symfony 2
- Implemented offline mapping solution for iOS using OpenStreetMap data.
- Implemented Portfolio Management solution using VB.NET
- Determine strategic direction for software development group
- Managed 3 developers directly
- Recruited and hired 2 developers to backfill positions, related performance management
- Implement rigorous software development methodologies
- Streamline operations and reduce errors
- Increase data collection through operationalization of task tracking, time tracking, and customer surveys
- Work closely with faculty and staff members to spec and design software applications
- Develop Intermap application featuring rich AJAX-based UI for graph creation and visualization using Backbone.js, ColdFusion, R, and GraphViz
- Developed complex JMeter load tests and accessory scripts
- Developed JMeter management utilities using Ruby, Thor, and Nokogiri
- Developed software prototype using Twitter Bootstrap
- Implemented productivity reports using Rails by merging several data sources and creating several Ruby gems to interact with 3rd party APIs including Parature, Qualtrics, and Unfuddle.
- Many of the same duties as listed below, in the Software Developer position
- Addressed bugs and supported requests for a stock simulation program used by hundreds of students.
- Reviewed code as part of code review team for applications moving to production environment.
- Developed native iPhone Application for student use using Objective-C.
- Developed an R and Tcl/Tk application based on RCmdr for use in classroom instruction.
- Developed iPad web application using Rails hosted on Heroku.
- Led four-person development team in technical aspects working on over thirty different applications used by over three thousand company associates in various business areas.
- Developed Metastorm BPM application hiring application to directly interface with Monster.com, used by thirty recruiters to perform all external hiring.
- Created auditing application used by over one hundred associates to create check requests for expense payments, interfacing with Lawson G/L system.
- Created standards and methodologies used by team to develop applications.
- Managed at least eight projects ranging from 100 to 1,200 budget hours.
- Managed and improved ongoing product support, receiving and addressing at least thirty ad-hoc requests and bugs weekly.
- Managed cross-functional teams to initiate new server builds and broad server updates.
- Developed prototype Drupal-based company intranet including module creation and theme authoring.
- Designed and created relational database structure for three large projects.
- Created DTS Packages using MS SQL Enterprise Manager to synchronize production and development environments for a major distributor.
- Administered SharePoint to coordinate shared documents and applications for a twenty-person team for a major insurance company.
- Created scripts to upload documents to SharePoint portal via its exposed Web Services.
- Developed tool for use in cross ledger reconciliation using Excel VBA for a major insurance company. The tool provided functions to assist in reconciling schedules consisting of up to two thousand lines. These functions included the ability to automatically capture matching amounts across ledgers, data integrity validation, hiding of reconciled sums, smart subtotals, and system generated hyperlinks for matching amounts.
- Developed Access tool to generate schedules via exported Cognos data and previous period data for a major insurance company.
- Wrote and designed training, requirements, and design documents for many applications.
- Developed Metastorm BPM workflow application for major food processor.
MSE Candidate in Computer & Information Science. Expected graduation date: December 2013. Cumulative GPA: 3.63 as of 6/10/2012
MBA with concentration in Finance.
BS in Computer Science, Minor in Mathematics. 3.61 Cumulative GPA